Shutters play an essential role in your house, they protect you from the sun and add privacy. You may be concerned about the best time to replace your interior shutters. Wood and vinyl shutters can last a long time, but they will eventually need to be replaced or repaired. You should be inspecting your shutters at least once a year for signs of wear and tear. Here are some tips to help you know when it’s time to replace your shutters.
Signs Of Shutter Damage
If you notice any of the following signs, it’s time to replace or repair your shutters:
- Cracks: If you see any cracks in the wood or vinyl, this is a sign that the shutter is starting to break down.
- Loose Screws: Over time, screws can become loose and fall out. Loose screws can cause the shutter to become unbalanced and damage the structure of your home.
- Paint Peeling: If you notice that the paint on your shutters is peeling, this is a sign that the shutter is no longer protected from the elements.
- Warped: If your shutters warp, this means that they are not able to close properly. Warped shutters can let in drafts and also cause damage to your home.
- Missing Pieces: If you notice pieces of the shutter missing, this is a sign that you need to replace them.
When To Replace Wood Shutters
If you have wooden shutters, you can usually repair them if they’re only slightly damaged. However, if the damage is severe, it’s best to replace them. You should also consider replacing your wooden shutters if they’re more than 20 years old.
When To Replace Composite Shutters
Composite shutters are made of a mixture of wood and synthetic materials. They’re more durable than wood shutters but can still be damaged over time. If your composite shutters are starting to show signs of wear and tear, it’s best to replace them.
Get The Best Shutter Solutions
Do you need to replace your custom windows shutters? We offer a wide range of high-quality shutters to choose from at Sapphire Shades and Shutters. Whenever you need to replace your shutters, we’re ready to help you with the best shutters. With us, you’ll get a long-lasting solution. Contact us today to find out more about our services.